Spell checking in web inputs is now supported again. It needs QtWebEngine 5.8 and custom dictionary format. There is a tool, distributed alongside QtWebEngine, to convert Hunspell dictionaries. More information can be found here.
|Spell checking with QtWebEngine 5.8|
QtWebEngine (and Chromium) uses custom scrollbar style that doesn't follow desktop style by default. QupZilla now comes with an option to use native scrollbars instead, enabled by default. If you experience any issues, it can always be disabled in preferences.
Pinned tabs now indicates when there is background activity (eg. new tweet, new message, new e-mail, ...) with a small black dot in bottom right corner. If there is an audio playing in a tab, audio icon will be displayed instead of favicon. Clicking on the audio icon will mute (or unmute) the tab.
|Background activity in first tab||Muted tabs|
High DPI support
This is also first version that should look great on high DPI displays. There have been a lot of fixes regarding scaling and also higher resolution versions of used pixmaps were added. Scaling can be enabled as with any other Qt application (doc.qt.io).
- bring back spellcheck
- bring back support for printing
- bring back save page action + support multiple formats
- bring back option to delete cookies on close
- bring back per-domain user agent settings
- show audio playing indicator in tab with possibility to mute
- show background activity indicator in pinned tabs
- add option to show navigation bar when opening new tab in fullscreen
- add option to show bookmarks toolbar when typing in location bar
- add option to use native scrollbars
- add option to delete cache on close
- each tab has now its own search toolbar
- lot of HighDPI fixes
- fix setting maximum size of cache
- fix scrolling with high resolution mouse/touchpad
- fix rules for disabling blocking on pages in AdBlock
- fix deleting cookies
- fix slow search in icons database
- fix restoring zoom level of tabs
- fix crash when opening web inspector
- fix crash of the application when render process crashes
- fix tabbar being invisible sometimes after leaving fullscreen
- fix sometimes not showing list of windows and tabs in recovery page
- Windows: show download progress in taskbar
Download: source code (at github.com)
Linux AppImage: 64bit AppImage (at qupzilla.com)
AppImage is now alternative build for Linux. It is intended for the users that cannot use distribution packages or wants the new version immediately.